If you are anything like me, you savor your morning cup of coffee. I didn’t really start drinking coffee until after college, but when I did, it was FULL of Splenda (yuck, all chemicals!) and packaged creamer (again, gross!). I eventually realized how much junk I was adding to my coffee (and, therefore, putting into my body) and began trying some different ways to make my coffee enjoyable. I wanted options without preservatives, chemicals, or bad-for-me additives.
Today, I truly do enjoy a plain black coffee! However, I still spice it up with sugar-free items all the time.
My top 5 ways to sweeten up your coffee without sugar are listed below:
- Cinnamon: A little sprinkle!
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk: Be sure to get the unsweetened vanilla (sweetened means lots of sugar).
- Coconut oil: Just a little goes a long way and be sure to mix it in!
- Stevia: Make sure it is 100% stevia without additives.
- Vanilla: Add a tiny bit of organic vanilla extra for a kick.
And here’s your bonus: plain black coffee! I promise, if you give this a shot for a few weeks, you’ll come to love it! Just be sure to use good coffee. 🙂
If you are interested in cutting out sugar and cleaning up your diet, you might be interested in the short group detox that I’m hosting beginning September 28th. Please reach out to me with any questions!
If you are starting (or already on) your health and fitness journey, please contact me if you want support or have any questions or concerns!