I like to start each day with a nourishing smoothie, and this one is typically my go-to because it takes less than 5 minutes to make and clean up!
The name of this smoothie is actually deceiving. Even though the color has just a “hint of green,” the smoothie itself is filled with protein, antioxidants, phytonutrients, adaptogens, pre and probiotics, and digestive enzymes.
See recipe for one serving size below. If you are making for more than one person, just increase accordingly. I usually double this when making (as seen in the picture) because my husband and I both love it!
- Half frozen organic banana
- Large handful of organic spinach
- 1/2 cup of ice
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop of chocolate superfoods blend
- Put all ingredients in a blender (I LOVE my Vitamix). Here’s a little tip: Start with the denser items, like the frozen banana. Then, put the superfood blend in the middle so it doesn’t get stuck to the bottom (if you put it in first) or fly all over the sides of the blender (if you put it in last).
- Blend well.
- Clean up!